Sunday, March 22, 2015

Dark Bishop by Rachael Brownell & Casey L. Bond [SBM Review]


Pawn
(Dark Bishop Series Part 1)








A dangerous game has begun. 

“Sydney, order up for table two!” 
Who knew the road to Hollywood would be so glamorous. I’ve been working in this diner for months. My feet hurt. My arms ache. But slowly, I’m putting money away. I’ll get to California. I refuse to wind up like my mother. 
Head down. Work hard. Save money. It’s all going according to plan, until Jake Bishop walks in to the diner… 

In his game, everyone’s a pawn… 

“Can I get you anything else, gentlemen?” she asked with a smile. 
I had to touch her. I had to have her. Girls like Sydney are rare. And I will make her mine—whatever the cost. No one will get in my way. 

…and he’s never lost a game. 


What just happened?? This story took me completely by surprise. I don't know how Brownell & Bond did it, but I actually love a true villain. Bishop surprised me. You get to know him right from the start, but it didn't stop me from being attracted to him. This story was sweet and heartwarming one minute and then dark and life threatening the next! The story is told in the two main characters point of views. So I got an inside look into their motives and their secret thoughts. I also appreciate that it wasn't left with a cliff hanger. We got a true ending to this part of the story. I do know it will continue and I can't wait to get my hands on the next part. I can't wait to follow Bishop on his next conquest.



No comments:

Post a Comment