Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Survivors Book IV: Spring by VL Dreyer [SBM Review]


The Survivors Book IV: Spring





Tomorrow. 

For ten long years, that was a word that none of us really thought about. We lived day to day, and scrounged a living from the ruins of our dead society. But, now that is changing. Survivors have begun to flock to my cause, and with each new person we become stronger and more self-reliant. 

The virus is still here, in the air, in the water, in the food that we eat and inside our own bodies. Only our meagre immunity stands between us and the walking death. Viruses mutate, though. It could still claim us all eventually. 

But in the darkness, there is beacon of hope, a shining light to guide our way to tomorrow. Rumours have begun to surface about a cure, an anti-virus that could finally render Ebola X obsolete. 

This is the dawn of our reawakening. If the rumours turn out to be true, then there will nothing to hold us back. We can rebuild, we can find other survivors and bring them to our little city – unite everyone that we can beneath our banner of hope. 

Are the rumours true, though? I don’t know yet, but I intend to find out.


I am so happy and sad at the same time. I have loved this series and hate to see it end. The ending was amazing. I also appreciate that the author gave me a glimpse of their future. This series is so much more than a zombie or post apocalyptic story. It's a beautiful story about a group of people who becomes a family and have the desire to not only create a new community, but make it better than it was before. The group had to face and over come so many challenges. The series took me through so many emotions and made me shed a tear more than once. I can't wait to read more from Dreyer. She is an amazing writer and I can't wait to go on another adventure with her.



No comments:

Post a Comment