Friday, October 31, 2014

EL-204 by Lucian Barnes [SBM Review]


EL-204



For Jason Lambert, a prominent M.I.T. geneticist, fear of natural death has become a thing of distant memories. His latest concoction has, in a sense, increased his longevity and made him nearly immortal. 
Over the past one hundred years, the technological advances of medical science have rendered the deadliest diseases of the twentieth century insignificant. Cancer, heart disease, and AIDS are no longer a death sentence. Serums have been developed to eradicate the problematic cells and their growth. 
When he meets a beautiful woman, his world is turned upside down. Add to this the government's sudden interest in his research, and things begin to spiral out of control. We all know what happens when the military gets involved. Greed takes over, and ethics are pushed to their boundaries. Will Jason be able to juggle his responsibilities without compromising his integrity, or will his experiments lead to the evolution of a new breed of monster?


This was one twisted tale! It started off innocent enough, but it didn't stay that way for long! I have to admit Heaven scared me early on. She was just creepy scary. The story made me cringe and made my stomach turn more than once. So obviously I just loved this story!! I love reading Barnes books and can't wait to get my hands on his next one.


No comments:

Post a Comment