Monday, September 15, 2014

The Survivors (Book 3-Winter) by V. L. Dreyer [SBM Review]


The Survivors (Book 3-Winter)




The worst has happened. Humanity has fallen. There is no future. There is no hope. A virus has wiped out our species, with the exception of the lucky few who are immune. But now, a vicious new enemy has emerged, one that threatens everything that we're trying so hard to build.
In its darkest hour, humanity needs a hero. I've decided I will be that hero. If I have to die in the process, I can accept that, but I cannot go to my grave without knowing I have done everything possible to save my species and the people that I care about.
We cannot - no, we will not! - let this virus become our extinction event. We will endure. We will rebuild. It may take us generations, but the world we leave for our children will not be the one our parents left for us. Heroes are not born, they are created, when ordinary men and women to step forward and perform extraordinary deeds in the name of the greater good.
My name is Sandrine McDermott. I was named to honour my grandmother, and I will make her proud. I am no longer just a survivor.


This series just keeps getting better and better. The story line is well written and easy to follow. The story has so much action, mystery, suspense, and romance. Yes they are running from mutated zombies, but the characters and their relationships is what makes this series so amazing. The characters are so easy to become invested in. I feel like I know these characters and I care what happens to each and every one of them. The group is traveling to rebuild society. They are rediscovering civilization and wants to create a loving and nurturing environment for everyone to flourish. I am rooting for them and I can't wait to find out where Dreyer takes us next!


Smashwords     B&N     Amazon



No comments:

Post a Comment