Tuesday, January 20, 2015

The Scene by R.M. Gilmore [SBM Reivew]


The Scene
(Dylan Hart Odyssey of the Occult #1)






WARNING: Excessive Sarcasm & Adult Language 


Irreverent, twenty-something journalist, Dylan Hart, is not your average heroine. With a big butt and an even bigger mouth, she has her work cut out for her when she decides to cash-in on the blood-drained bodies of seven prostitutes scattered throughout southern California. 



In an attempt to write her first bestselling novel and pay off her ever-growing student debt, Dylan begins the search for the culprit of the media-dubbed Vampire Massacres, diving head first into L.A.’s sanguinary ‘vampire’ subculture. Before long, Dylan finds herself tits deep in plastic fangs, velvet capes, and hooker corpses. Plastic or not, those fangs are razor sharp and out for blood, nosy journalist blood. 



With her best friend in tow, and two contrasting boy-babes at her heels, the crew is pulled into an all too real sanguinarian lifestyle and dragged them through a bloody good mystery. Horrible pun intended. 



Loved this story!! I think my favorite part is where the story takes place. It reminded me of home. I grew up right around where the characters traveled. I could totally see all of that happening there! I just loved Dylan and her personality just made me giggle. Saying she is a strong female lead isn't doing her justice. She's investigating a world she knows nothing about. She finds out more than she ever expected to. The twits and turns that Gilmore took me on was surprising and exciting. I can't wait to start the next book and find out what trouble Dylan gets herself into next!


No comments:

Post a Comment