Friday, December 5, 2014

Moon Called (Mercy Thompson, Book 1) by Patricia Briggs [SBM Review]


Moon Called
 (Mercy Thompson, Book 1)




Mercedes "Mercy" Thompson is a talented Volkswagen mechanic living in the Tri-Cities area of Washington. She also happens to be a walker, a magical being with the power to shift into a coyote at will. Mercy's next-door neighbor is a werewolf. Her former boss is a gremlin. And she's fixing a bus for a vampire. This is the world of Mercy Thompson, one that looks a lot like ours but is populated by those things that go bump in the night. And Mercy's connection to those things is about to get her into some serious hot water...


I just loved Mercy!! Mercy is tough and soft, strong and vulnerable, witty and moves with purpose. I love shifter books and this takes a great spin that I haven't seen before. The story line was exciting and action packed. The story grabbed my attention right from the beginning and I couldn't put the story down until I found out how it all turned out. I can't wait to read the second book and follow Mercy and the other cast of characters. I loved the world Briggs created and excited to find out where she takes me in the next book!


No comments:

Post a Comment