Thursday, December 11, 2014

The Caged Series (1-3) by Amber Lynn Natusch [SBM Reivew]


The Caged Series (1-3)





CAGED, Book 1: 


"I stood in the middle of the room, unmoving – I barely breathed. My life had just become surreal, impossible, and one enormous lie. I needed to go, to run somewhere, anywhere to beat back the reality that was rapidly closing in around me. The image of him was burned into my retina, flashing over and over again like a warning. He was trapped somewhere between human and decidedly not, and I realized that was my new reality. 
I was too." 



After the death of her parents, Ruby awakens from a lifetime of shadows and finds herself alone, thrust into a world of lies, deceit, betrayal and the supernatural. 
As her quest for truth continues to come up short, she realizes that maybe some questions really are best left unanswered. 
When her true identity is finally unveiled, she is forced to choose between two of the mysterious men who continually seem to crop up in her life. 
She chooses poorly. 
Now abandoned, Ruby must learn to call on the darkness within to survive, or spend a hellish eternity imprisoned because of it. 




HAUNTED, Book 2: 



"I cowered away from him, unable to formulate a coherent sentence. Questions ran through my mind though none made it past my lips. I wondered how this could be happening, what he wanted, and what major injustice I'd brought against the universe to bring a fate such as this upon me. 



Perhaps being born was reason enough." 



After his near death experience only months earlier, Cooper's behavior is rapidly deteriorating. 
So what does Ruby do? She adds a new roommate into the mix. When her friend Ronnie is abruptly called away for a family emergency, Ruby takes in Peyta, Ronnie's highly intelligent and overly observant teenage daughter. With an increasingly unstable Cooper in the house, Ruby fears for Peyta's safety. 
But when Peyta's behaviors become as perplexing as Cooper's, Ruby finds herself juggling a series of lies to ensure their safety as well as her own... 
Until the lies, and the bodies, start dropping. 




FRAMED, Book 3: 



"He left without pause—without looking back. The single connection to normality I had was driving back to Boston, to a life interrupted by the knowledge that legends and lore may not be just that, and left to contemplate what other monsters may be in existence beyond what he’d witnessed that night. I was left to acknowledge that my friend was gone, my partner lost, and yet another person’s life was damaged because of knowing me. 
Maybe a cage was exactly where I belonged." 



The deaths of three PC brothers have yet to be solved, and Ruby once again finds her head sitting squarely on the chopping block. To make matters worse, a revenge-crazed werewolf keeps hijacking her mind, replaying all the details of his gruesome attacks. 
As she struggles to navigate her way through this life of supernatural violence, Ruby realizes that the dreams of normal women her age may never become her reality. No white dress. No family of her own. She fears that everything and everyone she knows is in danger—and it’s all because of her. When she finally accepts those fears as fact, Ruby takes drastic measures to ensure the safety of those she loves most… 
Even if it means forfeiting her own. 



Book #1
Wow what a story! This is not your ordinary werewolf story. The story pulled me in slowly, but once it began the suspense kept me captivated. The story line was so interesting and the world Natusch created is so interesting and mysterious. I am so glad I bought the three first books at once, so now I can go right into the next story. 

Book #2
This book was even better than the first. The suspense and action felt non stop. Ruby's story is so interesting and original I just can't seem to get enough of it. If there is a character I like more than Ruby it would have to be Scarlet! I love strong female characters and this one is perfect for me! The mystery kept me in suspense and the action kept my heart beating faster and faster. I'll be starting the next book NOW! Love this world Natusch has created.

Book #3
This series just keeps getting better and better. The suspense and mystery is so interesting and I am totally obsessed. What I really love about this series is the cliff hanger. Each book has not just one mystery to solve. However, each of story has a conclusion to the main mystery of the book. The underlying mystery is unsolved and moves into the next book. Although cliff hangers can be irritating Natusch solves and completes one, so I don't mind it so much when the other is left as a cliffhanger. It also keeps me interested and anxious to get my hands on the next book. I can't wait to read book 4 tonight! An amazing werewolf story with some great twists and turns!


No comments:

Post a Comment