Friday, December 5, 2014

The MacKinnon's Bride by Tanya Anne Crosby [SBM Review]


The MacKinnon's Bride 
(The Highland Brides #1)





Descended of the powerful sons of MacAlpin, Iain MacKinnon refuses to bow to the English. But when his young son is captured, the fierce Scottish chieftain vows to stop at nothing to secure the lad's return. Retaliating in kind, he captures the daughter of his enemy, planning to bargain with the devil. 


FitzSimon's daughter has lived her entire life in the shadows of the man she called father—yet never would she have imagined he would deny his only daughter. Even as Page blames her captor for welching on a contract with her father, she suspects the truth... the shadows hold secrets. Now only the love of her reluctant champion can save the MacKinnon's Bride. 



This book begins the Highland Brides series.


The story line and characters were interesting. I love highlander stories and this laird is what I have come to expect from a good highlander. The only criticism I can give is the language. It didn't seem to me to be period language consistently throughout the story. It would switch back and forth and that threw me off a little. I hope to read more from Crosby and anxious to find out what adventure she takes me on in the next book.


No comments:

Post a Comment